In light of the Covid-19 pandemic which has caused an unprecedented health risk across the globe, we at M2M Ferries want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to support you with your travel plans by adopting all precautionary measures to ensure all passengers, crew, ground staff and the other support staff feel safe on board as well as at the Terminals through our SailSafe Initiative.
"We also urge you to take due precautions for your own safety and of your co-passengers to help reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19(Coronavirus)" - M2M Ferries Management
M2M Ferries is committed to providing our passengers a safe and sanitized environment to travel between Mumbai and Mandwa. We are in close communication with medical professionals, various government agencies, and internal teams to implement and continuously monitor operating procedures in the interest of the health and safety of our passengers and staff.
Listed below are the SailSafe safety measures being put into place:
- 1.Staff will be equipped with non-contact thermal temperature devices and protective gear such as but not limited to
- 2. Fumigation of the entire premises - onboard and terminal to be conducted daily before the start of operations.
- 3. Passenger areas will be disinfected, cleaned and Sanitized after every arrival and as and when felt necessary.
- 4. Washrooms will be disinfected and sanitized after every use.
- 5.All areas of the premises shall be disinfected completely with the use of approved disinfected mediums before the commencement of each trip.
- 6. F&B services will be restricted.
- 7. Temperature checks will be carried out on all staff and passengers at the terminal.
- 8. Any symptomatic passengers and staff will be isolated and reported to the terminal manager and appropriate action will be taken in accordance with government guidelines.
- 9. Staff has been instructed to ensure social distancing is being maintained during the ticketing, waiting area, embarkation/disembarkation process and overall journey.
- 10. Staff is being given training in identifying, handling and isolating symptomatic passengers.
- 11. Entry of unauthorized persons is strictly prohibited.
- 12. Security personnel will coordinate with terminal staff to evacuate passengers in case of emergency following evacuation protocols.
- 13. Masks, alcohol-based sanitizers, face shields and gloves will be made available for purchase at both Mumbai and Mandwa terminals.
- 14. Tickets being issued will be handed to the customer through UV sterilization boxes to keep the contact at minimum.
- 15. Passengers to be advised to make bookings online only and only those with a valid ticket number will be permitted to travel onboard.
- 16. We strongly recommend choosing for digital forms of payment to reduce risk of exposure.
- 17. Passengers are instructed to follow the floor Markings at Ticket counters to maintain social distancing
- 18. Passengers to only check-in at the counter by sharing their booking id and name to reduce human contact.
- 19. Passengers are instructed to sit at one-seat distance from each other to ensure safety.
- 20. Wearing a face mask by passengers is mandatory at all times.
- 21. Passengers with vehicles are permitted to be seated in their car during the voyage provided the car is switched off and the hand brake is on.
- 22. For passengers without vehicles only 1 hand luggage to be taken to the passenger deck.
- 23. Avoiding the carriage of luggage on board is encouraged.
- 24. For passengers with vehicles, all luggage is to be left in the vehicle itself.
- 25. Passengers are encouraged to provide feedback online and any discrepancies will be dealt with accordingly.
Things to do
- Arrive 1 hour prior to departure to allow for security and health screening.
- Wearing a mask is compulsory at all times.
- All passengers to sanitize their hands regularly at sanitization stations located at the terminal and on-board.
- Care to be taken in proper disposal of any bio-hazardous material such as used masks, gloves, tissues, etc in the bin placed at various locations.
- Cooperate and abide by all screening procedures as directed.
- During the voyage, passengers to strictly follow hygiene and sanitization protocols.
- Face to Face interaction to be minimized.
- Passengers to minimize the use of toilets.
- Social Distancing to be maintained at all times especially at entry gate, embarkation- disembarkation process, when seated, on-board, ramp etc.
- Seek medical help in case you feel unwell. In case of symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty in breathing then seek medical attention immediately.
Things not to do
- Passengers should not travel if he/she stays in a containment zone.
- Passengers should not travel if he/she has been tested positive for Covid-19.
- Passenger should not travel if he/ she is suffering from any cold/ cough/ fever/ body aches or any respiratory diseases.
- No Passenger movement to the Saloon deck / crew accommodation area and the Bridge.
- Try not to touch your eyes, mouth, and nose as our hands touch many surfaces.
For more details and updates regarding the precautionary measures for Covid-19, you can visit the official WHO website.